SUNLUX called out PHIMECA to validate the proper operation of luminaires using thermal calculation: non-exceedance of a given temperature.
To do this, different steps were performed on the finite-element model:
- Complete modelling of the LED luminaire with definition of conduction, convection, temperature, thermal transfer parameters.
- Definition of the areas in contact playing a part in the conduction.
- Definition of the areas that may radiate.
- Fine modelling of the electronic components.
- Realisation of a stationary and transitory thermal analysis.
- Validation of the radiator design allowing the discharge of enough joules to comply with the thermal requirement.
- Estimation of the mapping of the temperature fields.